Honorable mention #1 Mike Hercum - Hercum made his OCW debut and put in a great showing in a losing effort against "Bombastic" Bruce Grey. We look forward to seeing more of Mike Hercum in the future.
Honorable Mention #2 Marion Fontaine - Fontaine is a familiar face around the Ohio independent wrestling scene but had yet to wrestle for OCW until this night. Fontaine put forth an amazing effort against the veteran, Dusty Dillinger. He came out on the losing end on this night but the contest was regarded as one of the most exciting and competitive matches of the evening. We hope to see Fontaine return in the near future.
Honorable Mention #3 Sherman Tank, Ernie Ballz, "Marquee" Mikey D. - The ongoing issue between Sherman Tank and Johnny Attitude continued at "Trad1t1on" as each man assembled a team for a 3 on 3 tag match. Tank recruited Ernie Ballz and Mikey D, both whom have had problems with Attitude and his manager, Jason Dragon, in the past months. Team Tank seemed to be on the verge of victory until Team Attitude pulled off a deceptive trick that would lead to the referee disqualifying Tank and his teammates. The conflict between Tank and Attitude is definitely far from over.
10. Saturday Night Slam Masters (Juice Jennings & Joey Vengeance) After losing the OCW tag titles to the Heat Seekers in January the Slam Masters each defeated the Seekers in single contests in February which set up the highly anticipated rematch for the tag titles. Each time these teams face off against each other we see something special and this encounter was no different. Juice & Joey went after the champions with everything they had until a situation with Bruce Grey and multiple referees ensued (more on that later) which allowed the Seekers to incapacitate Juice and zero in on Vengeance with a devastating double team maneuver to score the pinfall victory and retain their titles. At this time we are not sure if or when Juice & Joey will receive another title opportunity. Only time will tell.
BREAKING NEWS: It has been announced that on May 17th at "Starrstruck" we will see Juice Jennings go 1 on 1 with the 3rd member of "Heat Seekers Inc." , "Bombastic" Bruce Grey.
9. Johnny Attitude, Papa Dingo, "No Shame" Jimmy Shane When Johnny Attitude was given the task to assemble a team for a 6 man tag match against Team Tank an obvious choice was his partner from last month, and the newest client of Jason Dragon, Papa Dingo. The third member was somewhat of a surprise when he was revealed to be "No Shame" Jimmy Shane. Shane lived up to his nickname as he proved that he was willing to do any dirty deed if the price was right. They achieved victory in their contest by framing Tank by planting an illegal object on the big man causing the referee to award Team Attitude the victory via DQ.
BREAKING NEWS: OCW officials have announce that "No Shame" Jimmy Shane will face off against "Rockshow" Ernie Ballz at "Starrstruck" on May 17th.
8."Bombastic" Bruce Grey Since revealing himself to be the man behind the mask of Jack the Seeker #2 and the third member of Heat Seekers Inc. Bruce Grey has had an eventful few months here in OCW. He helped the Heat Seekers capture the OCW tag titles and was rewarded for his deeds by being kidnapped and held hostage by the Slam Masters. Bruce was then released just in time to be defeated by OCW newcomer, Levi Connors. However, things are looking up for the "Big Honky" as he scored a huge win against the debuting Mike Hercum at "Trad1t1on." We will see if Bruce's good fortune can continue as he is set to face off against one of his kidnappers, Juice Jennings, at "Starrstruck" on May 17th.
7."Darkstar" Matt Taylor Since entering OCW Taylor has solidified himself as a dominant force in both the tag team and singles divisions. He is a former OCW tag champion as one half of the Noble Bloods and then went on to dethrone Mikey D. for the Ohio Heritage Championship last year. Taylor successfully defended the OHC for the rest of 2013 and looked nearly unbeatable when the title was on the line. However, Taylor's impressive reign as Ohio Heritage Champion came to an end at "Trad1t1on" as he was pinned by Takahashi in a highly competitive match. Though Taylor was visibly disappointed by the defeat he showed the class of a true champion by shaking Takahashi's hand after the match. Congratulations on a truly impressive OHC reign. The sky is the limit for the "Darkstar."
6. Dusty Dillinger Dusty was awarded a special token of appreciation for his commitment to OCW throughout the years as he was presented a plaque at the opening of the event. He then went on to have a fantastic match with Marion Fontaine that had the crowd on the edge of their seats. Dusty scored the hard fought victory and then announced that he was retiring from active competition. The OCW locker room surrounded the ring to show their appreciation. This was a heartfelt moment that we all will remember for a very long time. From all of us here at OCW... Thank You Dusty!
5."Big Guns" Jeff Cannon Jeff Cannon captured the OCW title at last year's anniversary event, "10 years of Tradition" and served as a truly great representative of OCW but his time as champion came full circle as his reign ended at "Trad1t1on" at the hands of Robby Starr. Cannon had the experience advantage and even had "Hot Commodity" Matt Mason in his corner to watch his back but it wasn't enough as Cannon fell to his former student.
4.Heat Seekers (Jeremy "The Butcher" Madrox & Kaden Assad) The Heat Seekers would emerge from "Trad1t1on" as the only champions (not counting the midget world title match, more on that later) to retain their titles as they won the rematch against the Slam Masters. The match was running at high energy when the referee was incapacitated which prompted Bruce Grey to come to the ring in full referee attire to make the 3 count for the Seekers. However, another referee, Adam Michaels, pulled Grey from the ring. The REAL OCW officials wouldn't tolerate Grey's shenanigans any longer. The altercation at ringside allowed the Seekers to isolate Joey Vengeance and hit a huge double team maneuver to score the win and retain the titles. The Seekers seem to finally be rid of the Slam Masters but the question on everyone's mind is "Who will challenge the Heat Seekers next?"
3. Beautiful Bobby and Little Kato The stars of Spike TV's "Half Pint Brawlers" came to OCW for a special attraction match in which the World Midget Wrestling Championship was on the line! Bobby and Kato pushed each other to the limit and entertained the crowd with hard hits, high flying, weapons, and humor. Not even he referee was sparred as these little warriors turned Hopewell School into a battleground! In the end it was Beautiful Bobby who would score the win and retain his title but we award both men this spot on the Top 10 for making "Trad1t1on" even more special.
2. Takahashi Takahashi journey to championship gold has been a long road with twists and turns. The Ascension winner would challenge Jeff Cannon on two occasions for the OCW title but each time the championship eluded him. After last month's title match at "Politically Incorrect" we all assumed that Taka's championship dreams were over. However, he was given new hope when OCW match makers granted him a shot at Matt Taylor's OHC. Taka pulled off an amazing upset and finally achieved his dream of holding OCW gold. Taka's journey to a championship has ended and now a new adventure lies before him.
BREAKING NEWS: Takahashi's first OHC title defense will be against Johnny Attitude at "Starrstruck" on May 17th.
1. Robby Starr Robby Starr and Jimmy Shane have been turning OCW upside down anytime a chance has presented itself. "The Winners" stormed the ring to attack Jeff Cannon and Takahashi in the OCW title match at January's "Sub-Zero" event which would lead to Cannon challenging Starr & Shane to a tag match with the incentive that if they could defeat Cannon & Takahashi then Starr would receive an OCW title match. The Winners cheated their way to a victory which set up this encounter at "Trad1t1on." As always. Starr had Jimmy Shane in his corner. This prompted Cannon to recruit Starr's arch nemesis, Matt Mason as the man in his corner. Shane attempted to interfere but was met with a "Hot Commodity" superkick for his efforts. To the horror of the OCW fans, Robby Starr was able to put Cannon down for the 3 count with his trademark full nelson slam finisher dubbed "Starrstruck" to capture the OCW title. We now look to May 17th for the next OCW live event named after the maneuver that clinched Robby Starr's championship. What does the future hold for the new champion and what will go down when OCW presents "Starrstruck" on May 17th from Newark, OH? Be there to find out!
This concludes the "Trad1d1on" installment of the OCW Top 10. Thanks for reading and I hope to see you all in Newark for "Starrstruck."